To configure EveryCloud to work with Google G Suite requires the following steps to be undertaken;
Inbound Email Routing
1. Configure EveryCloud to route inbound email to Google G Suite
2. Configure your MX record to route email to EveryCloud
3. Lock down Google G Suite to only accept inbound email from EveryCloud
4. De-activate spam filtering on Google G Suite (Optional)
Outbound Email Routing
1. Configure EveryCloud to accept outbound email from Google G Suite
2. Publish an SPF record for your domain name
3. Configure Google G Suite to route outbound email via EveryCloud
STEP 1 - Configure EveryCloud to route inbound email to Google G Suite
When setting up your account on Google G Suite, Google would have provided a list of MX records to use. Using the MX records provided by Google, these would then be entered in the EveryCloud control panel in Email > Filtering > IP/Hostname.
As an example, if Google provided the following set of MX records;
Then in the control panel;
- Delete the old IP/Hostname
- Replace it with the following IP/Hostname;
Please note the following key points;
- The # symbol indicates the priority of the email.
- Each entry needs to be seperated with a semi colon (;) and for there to be no spaces between each entry
- Google may have a couple of records with the same priority. On EveryCloud these should be entered with a differing priority. In this example the records have been entered as priority #10, #20, #30, #40, #50. Alternatively they could have been entered as #1, #2. #3. #4, #5 to achieve the same effect.
Step 2 - Configure your MX record to route email to EveryCloud
The MX record for your domain name now requires to be updated to route all email to EveryCloud. Details on which MX records to use is detailed at http://support.everycloudtech.com/support/solutions/articles/4000038125-essential-set-up-documentation.
Step 3 - Lock down Google G Suite to only accept inbound email from EveryCloud
In Google Admin (at admin.google.com) go to Apps > G Suite > Settings for Gmail > Advanced Settings. Scroll down to Inbound Gateway.
- Add the IP address ranges detailed in http://support.everycloudtech.com/support/solutions/articles/4000038125-essential-set-up-documentation.
- Give the rule a name - "Restrict inbound email to only be accepted from EveryCloud"
- To help Gmail determine the source IP address to use for the SPF evaluation, select Automatically detect external IP.
- To reject messages from anywhere other than your inbound gateway, check the Reject all mail not from gateway IPs box.
- To reject connections from IP addresses in the Gateway IPs list if the connections don’t use, check the Require TLS for connections from the email gateways listed above box.
- Click Save.
Step 4 - De-activate Spam Filtering on Google G Suite (Optional)
In Google Admin go to Apps > G Suite > Settings for Gmail > Advanced Settings. Select tab "Default Routing".
- Click Add setting
- Specify envelope recipients to match. Select All recipients from the drop down
- Under Spam, check Bypass spam filter for this message
- Under options, select Perform this action on non-recognized and recognized addresses.
- Click SAVE
Outbound Email Routing
Step 1 - Configure EveryCloud to accept outbound email from Google G Suite
In the EveryCloud control panel in Email > Filtering > Outgoing relay / Email traffic;
- Add 18.104.22.168
- Click save
Step 2 - Publish an SPF record for your domain name
US customers create a TXT record containing this text:
v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com include:spf.everycloudtech.us -all
Non US customers create a TXT record containing this text:
v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com include:spf.everycloudtech.com -all
Step 3 - Configure Google G Suite to route outbound email via EveryCloud
In Google Admin go to Apps > G Suite > Settings for Gmail > Advanced Settings. Scroll down to Outbound Gateway in the Routing section.
EveryCloud's US customers
In the section Outbound gateway, US customers enter outbound.everycloudtech.us.
EveryCloud's Non US customers
In the section Outbound gateway, Non US S customers enter outbound.everycloudtech.com.