Automated Activation (If you have subscribed to the service)
- The continuity service can only be subscribed to for all users at your domain/domains and not individual users.
- The continuity service must be subscribed to for a minimum service interval of 12 months
- The continuity service will not function retrospectively if you decide to activate once already in a DR event
The continuity service is a fully automated service, which initiates dynamically when our system observes that your destination mail server provides EveryCloud's servers with a temporary SMTP fault response code. (SMTP 400 error)
Temporary SMTP fault response can be provide by your mail server for a multitude of reasons.
Examples: This list is not exhaustive.
- Internet down time
- Server overload
- Server mail database corruption
- Firewall interference
- DR situation
Important continuity prerequisites
In order for users to log into their continuity mailboxes, users must have logged into the control panel at https://control.everycloudtech.com/ and have been allocated a password; the password will then sync to the continuity platform; a short synchronisation delay may occur.
If users have not prior to the event been allocated a password and / or not set to active and require continuity mailbox access:
- Go to 'Management' Tab
- Expand your customer section
- Expand the users section
- Click on a user
- Allocate a password, Activate and depress 'Save'
- As a default setting, as soon as the continuity service has been subscribed to, you will be entitled to a rolling 90 day inbound and outbound email archive, accessible from within the control panel email archive section/tab from which you may release and re-release any emails at your leisure even during a DR event as the released emails will be redirected to the Web mail continuity mailboxes. The service will not automatically transmit your 90 day rolling email archive to the continuity mailboxes
- Once your mail server becomes reachable and does not present any more temporary mail server faults, our system will re-deliver any email that any users have sent or received back from the continuity service to your mail server. Email that have been sent during the outage from the POP/IMAP mailboxes will be sent back to your mailserver with the appended subject line (CS-SENT) continuity sent.
- Users may access the continuity platform through any Web browser
- Continuity mailboxes may also be accessed via mail client sync using these details.
Authenticate with your registered control panel email address and your registered control panel user password
Mail client setup/Mobile device set up
Please use only the specified Ports.
imap.everycloudtech.com or pop.everycloudtech.com
IMAP port:143 POP port:110
SMTP Port: 25 or Port 587
The mailboxes are POP mailboxes sometimes referred to by competitors as web mailboxes: this means that they are accessible via the IMAP and POP protocol. They are not MAPI mailboxes (Full Exchange Pro mailboxes with calendar functionality) so they are not compatible with ActiveSync although you can set up with any mobile device using IMAP